Johns Hopkins University Masters in Public Health
U.S. News & World Report Ranking: Ranked number one with a rating of 4.8
Johns Hopkins University Master’s in Public Health
The Johns Hopkins University Master’s in Public Health is designed to provide students with the solid foundation they need to address global public health concerns and advance their careers. Students who choose the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health become part of a diverse student body, giving each student access to a variety of viewpoints and life experiences for a more enriching learning experience.
Johns Hopkins University Master’s in Public Health Programs
Johns Hopkins University offers students several options for completing their Master’s in Public Health. Students may choose from a full-time MPH program or a part-time/online program. Each completed program will result in a Master’s in Public Health degree that can be used to address health issues around the globe.
The full-time MPH program is designed as an 11-month program that begins each July. Students in this program must complete five eight-week sessions at the East Baltimore campus. Some courses may be completed online. Approximately 40 percent of classes satisfy the core curriculum requirements with the remainder consisting of elective courses. Students enrolled in this program may choose to pursue one of the ten multidisciplinary concentrations:
- Child and Adolescent Health
- Food, Nutrition and Health
- Health in Crisis and Humanitarian Assistance
- Epidemiologic & Biostatistical Methods for Public Health & Clinical Research
- Health Systems and Policy
- Global Environmental Sustainability & Health
- Infectious Diseases
- Health Leadership and Management
- Social & Behavioral Sciences in Public Health
- Women’s and Reproductive Health
A customized course of study is also available. The part-time/online option for the Master’s in Public Health is available to students who don’t have the time to dedicate to a full year of study. This option is designed to offer a customized program that must be completed in two to three years. This course path allows for up to 80 percent of the program to be completed online, with the remaining 20 percent taken at the East Baltimore campus. The part-time/online program features more than 100 courses to choose from.
Johns Hopkins University Master’s in Public Health Admissions
Johns Hopkins University Master’s in Public Health is available for students who have already earned an undergraduate degree and are seeking a graduate degree to advance their career options. The Bloomberg School of Public health is looking for individuals who can demonstrate strong academic standing with an emphasis on quantitative skills. Individuals should also have at least two years of full-time work experience in the health field. This requirement may be waived for medical students and those who are interested in a dual degree, such as a JD, MSW or MSN.
- Fill out the online application
- Complete a personal statement of no more than three pages
- Submit a resume or curriculum vitae
- Provide transcripts for each institution after high school
- Obtain and submit three letters of recommendation
- Provide test scores for the GRE, MCAT, GMAT or LSAT
- Show proof of at least one college course in the areas of math, biology and health-related science
- Complete an English proficiency test for non-native English speakers
- Provide proof of at least two years of working experience in a health-related field
- Submit the application fee of $45
Johns Hopkins University Master’s in Public Health Tuition
The cost of attending the John Hopkins University Master of Public Health program depends on whether students choose the full-time or part-time/online option. Students enrolled full-time with 12 or more credits per term must pay tuition in the amount of $11,076 per term. Those who are enrolled part time or online are charged $954 per credit, or $2,862 per three-credit course.
Scholarships are available on a merit basis. All applicants are automatically considered for scholarships upon completion of their application. Students who are granted a scholarship will be notified with an award letter. The financial aid office can offer additional options to those who need more financial assistance.